Thursday, January 17, 2008
10 Great Ways To Promote Your Web Site Posted By SEO WEB HOSTING
There are several ways to promote your website for free online. Here are 10 highly effective techniques you can start using right now.
1. Write articles or free reports for other webmasters to publish and put your website address in the by-line. If you can write good content, your articles will be published and a lot of readers who like your article will start using your website.
2. Arrange Joint Venture partnership with Webmasters and List owners.
3. Add your ad or website address to your own email signature. Thus, each time you send an email, you'll promote your own website.
4. Start exchanging Links with Other Webmasters. This is another very effective strategy to generate targeted traffic to your website free of cost.It involves contacting other webmasters for a probable link exchange partnership.
5. Add a blog to your site and Ping weblogs.com and the other search engines. Pinging your blogs to the search engines is the fastest and surest way to get the search engine robots to visit your blog and attract a number of new visitors to your web site regularly.
6. Submit your blog address to different blog search sites and directories. You can submit your blog's URL to websites such as Technorati, Daypop, Popdex and Blogdex.
7. Start creating RSS feeds for your site and submit the feed URLs to the major RSS feed directories online.
8. Become an active commenter. Try to leave your comments on the blogs that you visit regularly. Most of the comment systems also provide a way for you to leave a link back to your blog or website which begs a visit at the very least.
9. If you decide to have anything printed up, give your web address on it. You can print your URL on business cards, leaflets, stickers, etc.
10. Add your own web address to your forum profile signature. Each time you post or respond to questions, your ad will be displayed. If you can post good and useful content in forums, people who go through your threads will also certainly check out your website .
Written by MJTaylor - this guy really knows his stuff!